Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adios from the field

Hello all,
First, I would like to thank everyone who has helped with the Special Cases Program. There have been many. Thanks to you, we have reached dozens of children and brought attention to a neglected problem.

Now the sad news. After three years working for Fabretto in Nicaragua, I am headed back to the US. I will be starting a program in the fall at the University of North Carolina (specifically an MPH in Health Behavior/Health Education). I love working in health, especially among disadvantaged populations, and hope that this will help me do a better job.

Fear not, however! The works goes on! In addition to the wonderful staff at Fabretto, which includes doctors, health promoters and health coordinators, we have a new volunteer who will take over many of the responsibilities of the Special Health Cases Program. Matt Wesley, a Fulbright scholar whose focus is water and health, has agreed to look after Gabriel, Fatima and others, as well as take on new cases. Hopefully he will be updating this blog too!

So, again, thank you all for you help and support. I know we've accomplished some great things, and I'm happy to see that this program has developed a level of sustainability hard to imagine a year ago.

Saludos,
Mike Zelek
mlzelek@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a nice post.I am impressed from this post.


    Thanks for more sharing..........




    Laith Salma New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to share some tips about how to keep water balance:
    Stay Watered.
    By the way, I followed you up with GFC, it'd be great if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great work, you are working in right direction. It will help children Children's Health

    ReplyDelete